Saturday, June 26, 2021
Saturday, June 26, 2021
In-Person Over-The-Board Event
Open for everyone!
Date & Location -- Tournament format -- Byes -- Prize Fund
Registration -- Eligibility -- Tournament rules -- FAQ
- Saturday, June 26
- Location: Mechanics' Institute - Chess Room 4th Floor
57 Post Street, San Francisco, CA 94104 (click here to map)
- Tournament format: individual Swiss
- Total Round: 4 rounds
- Round times: 10AM, 12PM, 2PM and 4PM
- Time control: G/45;d5 (Game in 45 minutes with 5 second delay with each move. -- Please note that we are back to delay!)
- Games will be US Chess regular rated - tournament will be submitted immediately after last round finished.
- Sections: TWO sections: 1800+ and under1800
- Pairings are based on the June 2021 OTB or ONL supplemental regular US Chess rating. The higher rating will be used for pairing purposes.
- Playup: Players must have a 1600 USCF OTB or ONL supplemental rating in order to be eligible to play up to the 1800+ section.
- Byes are available for players in any rounds in case they can't participate but would like to stay in the tournament.
- Max 2 half-point byes can be requested in this tournament.
- Round 1-2 byes must be requested 15 minutes prior to the round start time.
- Round 3-4 byes must be requested before start of Round 1. Round 4 bye is irrevocable to prevent prize fund manipulations.
- Late registrations will receive a 0.5 bye for any missed round, up to total 2 rounds.
- Please allow 2-3 weeks for processing prize checks.
- Per IRS rules anyone with a cumulative $600+ prizes in any calendar year will need to fill out a W9 and Mechanics' Institute will be providing a 1099 form.
- MI library member: $40
- Non-MI library member: $50
- Play-up: $15 for members, $20 for non-members.
- $20 late fee
- $5 admin fee for all cancellations & refunds.
- Click HERE to Register: https://mechanics-institute.jumbula.com/Tournaments2021/2021AddisonMemorialTournamentInPerson
- Players must have current US Chess Federation membership. Expiration date of their US Chess membership must be later than the last day of the tournament.
- Not sure if you have a membership? Need to check the expiration date of your members? Visit: https://new.uschess.org/player-search
- Become a member or renew your membership: https://new.uschess.org/player-search
- Standard US Chess rules apply.
- Forfeit time is 45 minutes.
- What are the time controls mean?
Time controls are telling you how much time you have for each game.
G45;d5: Game in 45 minutes with 5 second delay with each move. This means you get 45 minutes, your opponent gets 45 minutes and at each move the clock counts down from 5 to 0 before the player's time starts. If player doesn't use up the whole 5 seconds, that time is lost.
- How many games/rounds?
The 4SS before the time control means how many rounds, i.e. how many games can a player play in the tournament. The tournaments are never elimination, so win or lose you can stay in the tournament.
- Players Database
For players who are interested in play in our tournament.
PLEASE fill out our Players database: https://forms.gle/X3hChCWbusHp4Ze56 to get email notifications about last minute changes and invitational opportunities.
Entries for 6/26 as of 6/22 @1:30PMSwissSys Wall Chart. 2021 Addison Memorial: 20th Addison Memorial Open
|#||Name/Rating/ID||St/Tm||Cb/Sx||Rd 1||Rd 2||Rd 3||Rd 4|
|1||NM Yashodhan Gogte|