Are you a writer who suffers from one of these misconceptions?
- “LinkedIn is just about finding a job.”
- “It’s for executives, lawyers, and doctors, not artists like me.”
- “Those endorsements don’t really mean anything.”
- “I’m already on Facebook, so I don’t need it.”
LinkedIn is a social media marketing tool that writers often overlook. It’s a very powerful networking tool that offers a lot for us, and in the Bay Area, is critical for success. Learn how to maximize LinkedIn to increase your audience, get noticed, support your funding applications, meet the Bay Area’s literary movers and shakers, and open significant opportunities. In this workshop, learn how to:
- Prepare a profile that marks you as a professional, rather than a hobbyist
- Promote yourself and your work by harnessing LinkedIn’s full features
- Network with author organizations that help to spread news of your work to wider audiences
- Use your profile to enhance your grant, residency, and writing conference applications
- Learn the power of LinkedIn’s Groups
A laptop, notebook computer, or iPad is required for this workshop.
For each class, we reserve the right to cancel at any time and issue a full refund. If you are unable to attend your class, please email firstname.lastname@example.org at least ten days prior to receive a refund. All fees must be paid at the time of registration.
Nov 24 - 11:00am
Dec 1 - 11:00am