The Mechanics’ Institute Library provides its members with a quiet and convenient place in which to take a proctored examination for school, college, or a professional association.
Here is what you need to do to take your proctored examination at the Mechanics’ Institute Library:
- Contact the library to make an appointment for taking your examination and email any pre-test paperwork. Proctored examinations may be taken Monday through Friday, from 9 a.m. and ending by 5 p.m. You should make arrangements for your examination at least one week in advance of the desired date.
- Contact the organization requiring the exam to advise where and when you will be taking the examination and who will be administering it.
- For paper/print exams, the examination materials will be sent directly to the Library staff member administering the examination. The student or the examining institution must provide a return envelope and postage for exams that require mailing, although we prefer to scan and email completed exams.
- For online exams, we will provide a laptop for you to use during the exam.
- The Library staff will contact you when your test materials are received at the Library and will confirm your examination date and time.
- If for some reason you need to reschedule your examination date, you must contact both the library and the organization giving the test.
- The Library's Proctor Fee is $50 for Mechanics' Institute members and $75 for nonmembers per exam, payable at the time you take the examination. We do not invoice for exam fees.
The Library accepts:
- Personal checks (California residents only, name and current address must be printed on check)
- Credit cards (Visa or MasterCard)
Exams and questions should be directed to:
Deb Hunt, Library Director