You may print from a your own personal computer while in the library or at home using either of the methods listed below. Please note the credentials outlined in the final step of each option; they are needed to log in to the print release station and retrieve any submitted print jobs.
Option A. The Attachment Method
- Send the document to be printed as an email attachment to email@example.com.
- Wait until you receive a confirmation email. The subject will be "Instructions for obtaining your print job."
- Log in to the print release station on the 2nd or 3rd floor to retrieve and print your materials. Note: Enter your email address as the member number on the print release computer.
Option B. The Web Upload Method
- Go to bit.ly/MIprinting using a web browser.
- Under the User Info section in the Name field, enter a short, easy to remember code with no spaces.
- Under the Select Document section, click browse and locate the file you wish to print or enter a URL to print a webpage.
- Click the large right pointing arrow to continue.
- Once the document has processed, a new page will load that says "Approve print job" and "Counting pages..."
- Wait for "Counting pages..." to finish and click the large print button that will appear.
- A new page will load. Wait until "Your request has been processed" appears.
- Log in to the print release station on the 2nd or 3rd floor to retrieve and print your materials. Note: Enter the code you entered in step 2 as the member number on the print release computer.