Learn the basics and how to improve what you already have—featuring WordPress.
We've all heard that we need a website and a social media presence as authors. Have you ever wondered what's involved in building a website? What is web hosting? How to buy and use domain names?
In this session you'll receive information about how to get started online with a website, a blog, and other social media outlets, as well as valuable information about web hosting and choosing domain names.
The session will cover:
- What is WordPress? Why should I use it?
- What is the difference between WordPress.com and a self hosted WordPress website?
- Buying domain names.
- What is website hosting?
- 8 elements every author website must have.
- Blogging on your website and blogging basics.
Detailed Q&A session covering
- What email marketing program should I use and why do I need one?
- Social Media -what works
- Do you want to commit to using it or not. Pro's and Con's.
- How much should a website cost me?
- To blog or not to blog? Pro's and Con's…plus much more!
Includes a PDF of the presentation sent to you after class.
Linda Lee, Web Designer, WordPress Expert & Educator
Linda Lee is online expert with 10 years experience with WordPress. She is a writer, speaker, educator, and website designer who demystifies the online experience. Whether you are a novice or veteran Internet user, Linda can help you optimize and monetize your website. She specializes in WordPress design, WordPress Websites, instruction, and problem shooting. She has built over 250 websites for clients on the WordPress platform. Linda is the founder of WordPress Bootcamp, Smart Women Stupid Computers and Askmepc-Webdesign . She offers remote training domestically and internationally. Linda has been the Volunteer Director for the San Francisco Writers conference since 2007.
For each class, we reserve the right to cancel at any time and issue a full refund. If you are unable to attend your class, please email firstname.lastname@example.org at least 10 days prior to the class to receive a full refund. All fees must be paid at the time of registration.
Nov 23 - 11:00am