Online Chess Tournaments
To get notifications on tournaments, please fill out the following google form:
Chesskid.com is a safe, secure and fun platform for kids to learn and play chess, and participate in a wide variety of activities, including listening to lectures, doing puzzles, play with their friends, and participate in online tournaments.
Complete list of events, with links, please visit:
Mechanics' Institute Chess Club on chesskid.com:
How to join our group & club?
If you are new: click on this link: https://www.chesskid.com/register/kid/group/QCJJNH
If you already have an account: registration key: QCJJNH
- Find the 6-digit Registration Key on the “Info” tab page of your Group. Give this code to the Kid.
- Have the Kid log in to his own account & click the grey Settings icon. **They’ll need to log in from a browser for access to this page.**
- Enter the Kid’s first & last name, and parent/guardian email.
- Click “Do you have a Group Registration Key”
- Enter the 6 digit Registration Key & click Save. The kid will be added to your Group.
If you already have an account - and you don't have a place to put the registration - need to make Mechanics' as secondary guardian
- From your Parent account Home screen:
- Click the "Kids" tab.
- Select the "Edit Kid" option from the menu next to the kid account to which you'd like to add a guardian.
- Click the "Edit Guardianship" option on the right side of the screen.
- Enter '[email protected]' & select "Add Guardian." This adds them as an additional Guardian; you remain the Primary Guardian of the account.