Thank you for considering a gift membership in the Mechanics’ Institute!
Membership is open to all. Each category of membership offers the full services of the Library and Chess Room, and attendance at special events, lectures, programs, and classes.
Please email or call Margot Sheffner, the Membership Office Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 415-393-0105 with any questions, or to discuss special arrangements. Membership packets can be sent either to the gift recipient or to you.
Please be in touch with Margot if you are considering giving a gift membership to a full-time undergraduate or graduate student. We require verification of student status.
Benefits of Membership
All members receive:
- Full use of the Library and its services, including online databases, ebooks, and more!
- Free or reduced admission to cultural events, programs, classes, and book groups.
- Access to the Chess Room and its tournaments and classes.
- WiFi access throughout the Library, Chess Room, and 4th floor meeting room.
- Membership privileges at other membership libraries.
$35 per year
For students through high school and full-time students enrolled at an accredited educational institution, taking at least 12 undergraduate and 9 graduate units. College students must provide proof of enrollment such as a current class schedule.
$95 per year
For one adult.
$150 per year
For family (up to two adults and their children under the age of 22) living at the same address.
$1600 one time fee per individual
For Individual or Family/Household. The amount beyond the standard membership fee listed above is tax-deductible.
$250 per year
$500 per year
$1000 per year