Join Mechanics' Institute member Dr. Greg Marcus for a discussion about his book Busting Your Corporate Idol. For a time, Dr. Greg was working 90 hours a week, which had a negative impact on his health and family relationships. Then, he cut his working hours by a third in less than a year without changing jobs, while at the same time accelerated his career. The secret? On Yom Kippur in 2005 he rejected his corporate idolatry, and started putting people first.
Busting Your Corporate Idol explains the root cause of chronic overwork, and offers a step by step way to work fewer hours, spend more time with family, while at the same time accelerating your career. Along the way, you’ll learn
- how to say “no” to the boss
- who to trust in the workplace
- how to stay true to yourself amidst chaos and pressure
- one thing you can start right away to bring more balance to your life and make you more effective at work
- the personal and business costs of chronic overwork
Dr. Greg Marcus is a recovering workaholic who founded the Idolbuster Coaching Institute to help the chronically overworked find life balance. Dr. Greg worked for 10 years as marketer in Silicon Valley, and has a doctorate from MIT in molecular biology.