US Chess Online rated Chess Tournaments
via Chess.com, Open for everyone!
First time joining us? Please scroll down for step-by-step instructions how to join us!
Please check the following page for specific schedule: https://www.milibrary.org/chess-tournaments/uscf-online-rated-tournaments-chesscom
Eligibility - Players must have:
- current US Chess Federation membership
- chess.com account that is part of Mechanics' Chess Club (free account is perfectly sufficient) -- Don't have one yet? Easy to make, just follow the instructions below.
- 8 rounds of G/5+2 or 6 rounds of G/15+2: rounds are done consecitively after every game is finished in the previous rounds. - more details on tournament details here.
- paired based on swiss tournament rules: pairing done via automatic by chess.com based on the players' online chess.com blitz & rapid rating.
- games will be US Chess Online blitz or quick rated - tournament will be submitted 5-7 days after the tourament to allow all games to be screened for fair play.
Prizes: $375 based on 30 paid entries
u2000: $75 *
u1800: $50 *
u1600: $25 *
* based on USCF regular (OTB) rating
US Chess online rated tournament - most USCF rules and consequences apply.
Players should not use any outside assistance: not have other browsers open and not be talking to other people during their games
Parents are strongly encouraged to monitor their kids' activity during the tournament to ensure fair play.
All games will be carefully reviewed by chess.com and Mechanics' Institue Chess club staff during and after the event.
Players found or believed to be violating fair play are not eligible for a prize and their account will be removed from Mechanics' group.
Players who are confirmed to be using outside assistance will be reported to US Chess and restricted from future Mechanics' online and over-the-board events.
Parents - Please help us educate your child that IT'S SIMPLY NOT WORTH THE RISK!
For some helpful links regarding fair play, please check these out:
MI library member: $20
Non-MI library member: $30
Registraton deadline: 2 hours before tournament start time - this is needed to allow time to make sure the chesskid.com account is set up correctly.
What are the time controls mean?
Time controls are telling you how much time you have for each game.
G15+2 for example: Game in 15 minutes with 2 second increment. This means you get 15 minutes, your opponent gets 15 minutes and with each move every player gets 2 second added to the clock. So one game can last up to 30-34 minutes.
How many games/rounds?
The 6SS before the time control means how many rounds, i.e. how many games can a player play in the tournament. The tournaments are never elimination, so win or lose you can stay in the tournament.
Late joins: if you joining late, you'll get zero(0) points for each missed rounds.
Withdrawal: you can always leave a tournament if you wish. Once you leave the touranemnt, you can't rejoin unfortunately, so make sure you decide accordingly.
Sections: currently we don't have sections to separete players according to their rating. We tried it but it wasn't efficient for many of the players, and most of you gave us the feedback they prefer tournaments where all players can play together.
Pre-requested byes: online tournament run on chesskid.com can't have pre-requested byes. Full point byes are assigned when there are odd number of players in a tournament.
If you would like to play in our online tournaments, you must
1) Register for the event -- we need to know your full name, and chess.com ID
2) have an account on chess.com; -- don't have one? Sign up now!
3) join our club on chess.com: https://www.chess.com/club/mechanics-chess-club-uscf-online-rated
Join tournaments: two ways to join the tournaments: 1) log in to chess.com and click on the link above; or 2) log in chess.com --> Play --> Live Chess --> Tournament tab --> Upcoming and click on the tournament you would like to join. Players can join up to 60 mins before the tournament start time.
For players who are interested in play in our online tournament,
PLEASE fill out our online Players database: https://forms.gle/X3hChCWbusHp4Ze56
to get email notifications about last minute changes and invitational opportunities.