Wednesday, February 12, 2020 - 5:30pm to 6:30pm
Marcel Proust's In Search of Lost Time (also known in English as Remembrance of Things Past) is a monumental, seven-volume novel that Edmund White calls, "the most respected novel of the twentieth century." SFSU Professor of Comparative & World Literature, Mark Calkins has led the Proust Seminar at the Mechanics' Institute Library since 2001. In February 2020, the Seminar continues with the last volume of the novel, Time Regained.
- The group meets on the 2nd and 4th Wednesdays of the month from 5:30pm to 6:30pm at Mechanics' Institute.
- This semester will begin on February 12, 2020, and end June 24, 2020.
- Registration is open to all.
- Mechanics' Institute members pay $70 for each 5-month session;
- Members of the public pay $100.
- This cycle, Dr. Calkins will use the Modern Library edition of Time Regained. However, any translation is acceptable.
Register now by using the form below or calling 415-393-0102.