Saturday, August 15, 2020
2020 Mechanics' Summer Scholastic Chess Championship Online
Come join us for this fun event! All games played online on chesskid.com in a safe environment. We want kids to be able to play, have fun, compete, make friends and keep the scholastic community together in the Bay Area through chess.
If your child has never played online no worries, we can guide you through the process. Once your child has an account, they are eligible to particpate in not only this tournament, but in Mechanics' weekly scholastic tournaments as well.
Registration deadline: Friday 8PM SHARP! No exceptions, no late registrations.
Sections & Time control:
|Section||USCF Online Rated||Time control||# of Rounds||Start Time|
USCF Online rated - only affecting USCF online rapid rating, NOT the regular rating. Current USCF membership is needed.
Trophies to Top 10 players in each section.
Top Girl in each section.
Trophies will be available for pickup at the club after Mechanics' Institute reopens. Trophies cannot be delivered or mailed.
USCF membership required for the USCF online rated sections.
--> Purhcase your USCF memberships here & Support Mechanics': https://mechanics-institute.jumbula.com/Tournaments2020/USCFMemberships
Live Broadcast via Twitch.tv with amazing hosts FM Paul Whitehead and Abel Talamantez: https://www.twitch.tv/mechanicschess
Chesskid.com is a safe, secure and fun platform for kids to learn and play chess, and participate in a wide variety of activities, including listening to lectures, doing puzzles, play with their friends, and participate in online tournaments. Please see instructions how to join the platform below.
Organziers: Senior TD, FA Abel Talamantez, and Senior TD, FA Dr. Judit Sztaray
Games that were played by players with fair play violation will be marked as loss, will be reported for online rating as such, and opponents' scores will be adjusted.
How to join ChessKid?
Mechanics' Institute Chess Club on chesskid.com:
How to join our group & club?
If you are new: click on this link: https://www.chesskid.com/register/kid/group/QCJJNH
If you already have an account: registration key: QCJJNH
- Have the Kid log in to his own account & click the grey Settings icon. **They’ll need to log in from a browser for access to this page.**
- Click “Do you have a Group Registration Key”
- Enter the 6 digit Registration Key & click Save. The kid will be added to your Group.
If you already have an account - and you don't have a place to put the registration - need to make Mechanics' as secondary guardian
- From your Parent account Home screen:
- Click the "Kids" tab.
- Select the "Edit Kid" option from the menu next to the kid account to which you'd like to add a guardian.
- Click the "Edit Guardianship" option on the right side of the screen.
- Enter 'firstname.lastname@example.org' & select "Add Guardian." This adds them as an additional Guardian; you remain the Primary Guardian of the account.