Thursday, November 12, 2020 to Thursday, December 17, 2020
NEW: Thursday Night Marathon
USCF Online Regular Rated!
via Chess.com, Open for everyone!
Five Thursdays: Nov 12, 19, Dec 3, 10, 17
First time joining us? Please scroll down for step-by-step instructions how to join us!
1 round of G/60+5 each night: Round times are: 6:30PM
Time control: 5SS G/60+5. (Game in 60 minutes with 5 second increement with each move.)
MUST Register in order to play!
For List of registered players (Standings) & Pairings - Please scroll down!
Eligibility - Players must have:
- current US Chess Federation membership
- chess.com account that is part of Mechanics' Chess Club (free account is perfectly sufficient) -- Don't have one yet? Easy to make, just follow the instructions below.
- 5 rounds of G/60+5 - more details on tournament details here.
- One Open section for the Pilot
- paired based on OTB or ONL Nov 2020 supplemental regular rating!
- paired based on swiss tournament rules
- Pairing will be done manually using match command on chess.com. You'll need to be on chess.com/live and wait for your game to pop up!
- Registration deadline: Thursday 5PM.
- Players have to be online on chess.com/live when Round 1 starts, and their game will be started by the Chief TD.
- Chief TD will have a list of match commands needed to be executed one by one: IF players are not online when pairing is executed, they'll be put at the end of the list, and match command will be tried one more time. Two times not present on chess.com/live will automatically get a 0F.
- Late registraitons *might* be paired up for extra rated games, but it's not guaranteed.
- Round 4 & 5 byes must be requested before Round 1.
- Games will be US Chess Online regular rated - tournament will be submitted 5-7 days after the tourament to allow all games to be screened for fair play.
Rules: standard USCF Chapter 10 rules for online chess applies
- Mouse slips count, no takebacks.
- Forfeit time is 15 minutes - If you don't arrive by 6:45pm, your game will be forfeit loss.
- Section prizes will be awarded based on USCF standard rating
Prize Fund: $300 b/20
|Best under 1600||$30|
MI library member: $20
Non-MI library member: $40
US Chess online rated tournament - most USCF rules and consequences apply.
Players should not use any outside assistance: not have other browsers open and not be talking to other people during their games
Parents are strongly encouraged to monitor their kids' activity during the tournament to ensure fair play.
All games will be carefully reviewed by chess.com and Mechanics' Institue Chess club staff during and after the event.
Players found or believed to be violating fair play are not eligible for a prize and their account will be removed from Mechanics' group.
Players who are confirmed to be using outside assistance will be reported to US Chess and restricted from future Mechanics' online and over-the-board events.
Parents - Please help us educate your child that IT'S SIMPLY NOT WORTH THE RISK!
For some helpful links regarding fair play, please check these out:
Fair play screening: all games will be screened by both Chess.com and by Dr. Kenneth W. Regan, Department of Computer Science and Engineering, University at Buffalo.
The Organizer and/or the Chief Tournament Director can require players to play their games with a camera that records the player playing with a view to the screen. Players should be prepared to provide this precaution if asked to do so.
Prize distributions and rating submission will take place AFTER all games have been screened.
What are the time controls mean?
Time controls are telling you how much time you have for each game.
G60+5 for example: Game in 60 minutes with 5 second increment. This means you get 60 minutes, your opponent gets 60 minutes and with each move every player gets 5 second added to the clock. So one game can last up to 120-130 minutes.
How many games/rounds?
The 5SS before the time control means how many rounds, i.e. how many games can a player play in the tournament. The tournaments are never elimination, so win or lose you can stay in the tournament.
Late joins: if you joining late, you'll get zero(0) points for each missed rounds.
Sections: Open on the 2020 Nov supplemental regular rating system.
Pre-requested byes: since we are pairing manually, based on OTB ratings, pre-requestd byes are available up to an hour before round start. Special consideration might be available.
Last two rounds bye must be requested before Round 1.
If you would like to play in our online tournaments, you must
1) Register for the event -- we need to know your full name, and chess.com ID
2) have an account on chess.com; -- don't have one? Sign up now!
3) join our club on chess.com: https://www.chess.com/club/mechanics-chess-club-uscf-online-rated
Join tournaments: two ways to join the tournaments: 1) log in to chess.com and click on the link above; or 2) log in chess.com --> Play --> Live Chess
For this tournament only: Tournament directors will be pairing players manually, so no tournaments to join!
For players who are interested in play in our online tournament,
PLEASE fill out our online Players database: https://forms.gle/X3hChCWbusHp4Ze56
to get email notifications about last minute changes and invitational opportunities.
TENTATIVE Prizes - pending fair play review
Total Prize Fund: $540 with 36 paid entries - 180% of the announced $300 b/20
|#||Name||Cash||Prize credited to pool|
|1||GM Gadir Guseinov (4.5/2600)||180.00||Place: 1 - $180|
|3||FM Allan G Savage (4.0/2200)||39.60||Place: 2 - $117|
|4||NM Richard W Koepcke (4.0/2200)||39.60||Place: 3 - $81;
4-way split: $39.60 each
|6||Pranav Sairam (4.0/2084)||39.60|
|7||NM Michael Walder (4.0/2075)||39.60|
|5||Eric Hon (4.0/2186)||39.60|
|28||Michael Xiao (3.0/1363)||54.00||u1400 - $54|
|18||Bryan Hood (3.0/1574)||18.00||u1600 - $54;
u1800 - $54;
6-way split of $108: $18 each
u1800/1 - $54
|25||Ya Dancig Perlman (3.0/1428)||18.00|
|14||Roger V Shi (3.0/1753)||18.00|
|16||Jeff C Andersen (3.0/1643)||18.00|
|22||Nursulta Uzakbaev (3.0/1513)||18.00|
|23||Rama Krish Chitta (3.0/1475)||18.00|
TENTATIVE Final Standings - pending fair play review
SwissSys Standings. Thursday Night Marathon Online: Open
|#||Name||ID||Rating||Fed||Rd 1||Rd 2||Rd 3||Rd 4||Rd 5||Total||Prize|
|1||GM Gadir Guseinov||17343590||2600||gguseinov||H---||W8||W29||W4||W3||4.5||180.00|
|2||FM Allan G Savage||10014999||2200||duchamp64||W15||W10||L4||W7||W12||4.0||39.60|
|4||NM Michael Walder||10345120||2075||FlightsOfFancy||W13||W16||W2||L1||X9||4.0||39.60|
|5||NM Richard W Koepcke||10493269||2200||rkoepcke||H---||W22||D7||W25||W11||4.0||39.60|
|8||Thomas F Maser||10490936||1900||talenuf||H---||L1||W28||W21||W18||3.5|
|9||IM Elliott Winslow||10363365||2278||ecwinslow||W20||W19||W12||L3||F4||3.0|
|10||Roger V Shi||16191192||1753||1-h4-1-0||W24||L2||W13||W23||L6||3.0||18.00|
|11||Rama Krish Chitta||17350313||1475||draidus||L6||W26||W24||W16||L5||3.0||18.00|
|13||Ya Dancig Perlman||16280288||1428||noydan100||L4||W37||L10||W26||W28||3.0||18.00|
|14||Jeff C Andersen||11296106||1643||zenwabi||W34||L3||L23||W36||W20||3.0||18.00|
|29||RIP Felix German||12624534||1976||FelixGerman||W17||H---||L1||U---||U---||1.5|
|30||Jacob S Wang||17083655||1434||jacobchess857||L3||L24||W37||D31||L21||1.5|
|31||Danny Du Uy Cao||16939797||863||caodanny||X---||L7||L20||D30||L22||1.5|
|33||Cleveland W Lee||12814843||470||Vincitore51745||L25||L17||L22||W34||L24||1.0|
|34||B J Day||12586048||unr.||mrbillstunes1||L14||L27||L26||L33||W37||1.0|
|35||Andrew Nicho Paul||14232850||1385||chessplayer3740||L12||H---||H---||F28||U---||1.0|
|36||Robert H Frank||10498325||1200||cyber-droid||X39||L12||L25||L14||L26||1.0|
|39||Mohammad Amir Ali||30029248||1565||Deshbondhu||F36||U---||U---||U---||U---||0.0|